Payment without credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment without credit card

I'm planning to build an eccommerce website but it would be used mainly by people in my country.
    My problem is that we do not use credit cards or paypal around here.
    I've been thinking of alternative ways of receiving payment online but can't seem to come up with any. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do.

It is really critical to have a commercial website without Credit card usage, or Paypal. You don't have even single payment processor to cover your country other than Paypal like alertpay.com and all?

Comment

No we do not have any. People pay for goods with cash or cheques. When it comes to technology, we are a bit far behind. We do not have an online stores and I really wanted to create one but unfortunately coming up with a instant payment method is a problem.

Comment

online payment

Yah, that's a bit of a problem to do online business if you're in a place where people are not yet really on the grasp of online transactions. A lot of people would still prefer cash. I don;t know if this would hepl but you can try e-gold. I use egold for some of my online ventures but I'm quite dissapointed because of their "too strict" policies. I'm not saying that that is wrong, maybe it's just me.

Comment

I've never heard of egold before. I would go google it up and see what exactly they do. What do you mean when you said you are disappointed with their too strict policies.

Comment

How about Alertpay? I don't know if I understood it well, but it doesn't need any credit card or an account to be verified. I think it just sends cheque to postal addresses outside US countries.

Comment

Just do a research and have a look at each of the payment processors. Choose this one that is available to your country and is the most popular among the others.

Comment

Why don't you try for cheque kind of things? I know it may not be greatly helpful when the trade is online, but no other go isn't it?

Comment

I am actually hoping to have ideas of a payment scheme instead of using other sites that have a payment system. At first I thought of making people have a prepaid account with my site by depositing payment in my bank account. Their account on my site will reflect that payment and it would be debited whenever they make a purchase. I am not really sure that would work for a completely new site. What other ideas can you come up with?

Comment

the only other option is by cheque, I run a small business from my home and I accept cheques the only downside is it takes longer, the cheque has to be posted to me and then it takes 5 days to clear in my bank account and only then can I ship the goods when I get clearance, I tell my customers this and they are usually fine about it.

credit cards are so much better, automatic clearance means I can ship on the same day.

Comment

During the initial phase you can use checks and if the business booms ,you could probably add bank wire as an option , although that will need a bigger transaction than cheques involve due to the fees associated with it , but at least people can manage it offline as well as online and won't have to get involved with any payment processor or feel the need for any credit card.

Comment

which country you live in where people don't Use CC? you can use lots of other options, like E gold , alert pay

Comment

Yeah I agree if you dont have any other option then cheques but you could also try western union etc though they would have to pay the fee's for sending the payment, do you not have a thing where people inside the country can transfer money - in Tunisia the locals go to the post office, pay the cash and then it gets sent to the other person who collects the money from the post office, like a postal order.

Another payment processor is Moneybookers.

Comment

Originally posted by Momof2 View Post
                            the only other option is by cheque, I run a small business from my home and I accept cheques the only downside is it takes longer, the cheque has to be posted to me and then it takes 5 days to clear in my bank account and only then can I ship the goods when I get clearance, I tell my customers this and they are usually fine about it.

credit cards are so much better, automatic clearance means I can ship on the same day.
                            I did thought about that too and realized the whole process would take like a week from when they post the cheque to when it clears before I can ship out the goods. It is really not an efficient method and I wish I could find a better alternative.

Comment

Another thing I didn't mention is that I live in a small country in west africa and no where is really far. If people have to go to the post office to post a cheque they might as well walk to the store and just buy the Goods from there.

Comment

Webmasters Marketplace Copyright ©2007-2017
                              Working...
                              X