E-Gold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Gold

Anybody here use egold as e-currency and payment processing? I use egold but haven't been actively using my account lately. I'm having quite a hard time because they are very strict, which is very good security wise, but sometimes it just pisses me off. Sometimes I can't login to my account because of security reasons. To those using it, what do you think guys?

I do have e-gold account but their site is very confusing. I'm not too used to it, so I don't use it my online transactions.

Comment

Ive never even heard of this one have they been around long?

Comment

Yes, I have used them. But I am not impressed much with their services, though. I would recommend PayPal all the way.

Comment

I too would recommend paypal than E-gold.

Yes, strict. There's a limit for everything and also for being strict. No reason why.

Paypal seems the best payment processor still and is secure isn't it?

Comment

I just registered for an e-Gold account. Wonder why they called it e-currency. What is the usage of e-currency? How different e-currency compared to the money one received in PayPal or AlertPay? Is it e-currency can be used in HYIP?

Comment

I think that eGold have all the money covered in Gold somewhere. But I do find the site quite confusing. PayPal and AlertPay are operating with virtual bucks, though.

Comment

Wow, I almost forgot about that one,lol.It's been almost a year since I logged into my e-gold account.I have had countless transactions using e-gold because I was into dxgold trading and also invested some funds on internet ventures one of which is still running , even after 2 very slow years , but then their account got hacked and they changed over from e-gold to e-bullion and I did the same. Then there was the court case of E-gold admin and a lot of people lost faith. I didn't login into e-gold since then. I am sure going to try remembering the password and login to check what's up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by vttop View Post
                  Wow, I almost forgot about that one,lol.It's been almost a year since I logged into my e-gold account.I have had countless transactions using e-gold because I was into dxgold trading and also invested some funds on internet ventures one of which is still running , even after 2 very slow years , but then their account got hacked and they changed over from e-gold to e-bullion and I did the same. Then there was the court case of E-gold admin and a lot of people lost faith. I didn't login into e-gold since then. I am sure going to try remembering the password and login to check what's up with it.
                  Well, I don't know the real story but right now there is e-gold and there is e-bullion. These are two different entity although they do the same service and purpose. I use e-gold couple of transactions, but like I said in my first post, I stopped using it because of their very strict security measures where the users himself cannot login to his own account sometimes. It's kinda frustrating.

Comment

What was the court case about E-Gold. I suppose, I wasn't aware of E-gold at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorence View Post
                      Well, I don't know the real story but right now there is e-gold and there is e-bullion. These are two different entity although they do the same service and purpose. I use e-gold couple of transactions, but like I said in my first post, I stopped using it because of their very strict security measures where the users himself cannot login to his own account sometimes. It's kinda frustrating.
                      Yes E-gold and e-bullion are two different and unrelated payment processors. The story I mentioned actually involved an investing organization that dealt in large amounts , but their e-gold account was hacked and with e-gold several members have seen that funds once hacked weren't returned to the account even when the hacker was caught and the funds seized.That's why they decided to start using e-bullion instead of E-gold.

As for the lawsuit , well, e-gold admin was charged that their site harbors accounts of people involved in money laundering and they don't have enough security , even the last time I logged into my e-gold account ( a long time back ) you never had to submit any documents to prove you are the person you say you are and that didn't go well with the government.I don't know if they need you to submit any documents now.

Comment

Thanks for that information vttop. I haven't heard that before. Now I realized maybe that is the reason why e-gold now is sooo very strict in security. They still don't ask for any documents, but logging in is very strict. They use passphrase instead of password. Sometimes even you typed the correct ID and passphrase, it will not allow you to loggin and will say something about your ISP security or DNS being exploited, or something like that.

Comment

i am using e gold from a long time and i am pretty much satisfied with the services....i like it more then paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Lorence View Post
                            Thanks for that information vttop. I haven't heard that before. Now I realized maybe that is the reason why e-gold now is sooo very strict in security. They still don't ask for any documents, but logging in is very strict. They use passphrase instead of password. Sometimes even you typed the correct ID and passphrase, it will not allow you to loggin and will say something about your ISP security or DNS being exploited, or something like that.
                            I see.Yes, I can understand the need for tighter security.They had just two options ,tighten their security or move out of business.They chose the first , but I still see many hyip ( high yield investment programs -most of which are scams or ponzis ) using e-gold.When I used the account , they had the virtual keyboard where you could punch in your pass phrase so that any trojans installed on your pc without your knowledge didn't read the password /passphrase , but it comes as a surprise that they still don't ask for documents for account verification.

Comment

I have used e-gold just once till now. I don't like them a lot and most of the people like to deal in PayPal so I rarely get to use e-gold.

Comment

Webmasters Marketplace Copyright ©2007-2017
                              Working...
                              X