Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is a 6-alarm fire?

How big is a 6-alarm fire?

Where I work we could fill a six alarm assignment but it would result an a lot of mutual/automatic aid. Our first alarm is 4 engines, 2 trucks, 2 chief officers, 1 ambulances. Each additional alarms duplicate this. So six alarms would be 24 engines, 12 trucks, 12 chiefs, and 6 ambulances. This would be bring a minimum of 144 and a max of 168 firefighters depending on engine staffing. Can't remember going this high on a structure fire.

I have been on wildland fires with much larger responses but we don't you alarms for wildland fires in my area. We will request resources based on number and type. So if I need type 3 engines for direct attack I would order how many I need. As wildland fires get larger ordering gets more complicated and strike teams are order (engine strike teams have 5 engines and a leader).

Comment

It is a real disaster I should say. It is better to prevent such situations rather than to deal with it. I used to work with a company https://www.americanbackflowpreventi...ow-testing.php that developed a very reliable fire protection system for my firm. We are still very grateful for that.
      American Backflow and Fire Prevention Incorporation is on guard against fire danger and risk of clean water contamination. Schedule backflow testing services today and stop compromising your health and safety.

Comment

Webmasters Marketplace Copyright ©2007-2017
      Working...
      X