Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What talents/skills are in demand in Nigeria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What talents/skills are in demand in Nigeria?

What talents/skills are in demand in Nigeria?

Ability to code: Sooner, rather than later, the entirety of humanity will be searchable online, and as such the need to have people who can communicate, manipulate and assess these machines are a necessity. With the growing tech bubble in the country, the need for programmers, software engineers and all round techies are increasing on the daily. Choose an appropriate programming language and work on yourself. Learn how to code today!
    Sales/Marketing skills: Your ability to sell shoes 2500 instead of 1500 in Aba market speaks good of your negotiation and persuasive ability, but you need more concrete sales and marketing skills to conquer the Nigerian markets, not to talk of global markets today. Do you know why your business failed? It?s not because of witches or demons from your father?s village, it was simply because you don?t know how to sell your product. Waiting in your store for customers without having an effective advertising platform is one of the dumbest moves many MSMEs in Nigeria do today. Besides, every large or medium-sized firm needs sales people. Without customers, you don?t make any money. Simple!
    Ability to lead: A good business is only as efficient with a good leader. Facebook is what it is today because of Zuckerberg?s leadership skills. Hotels in Nigeria | Hotels.ng is what it is today because of Mark Essien. Without good leadership, no business will thrive. Someone needs to be able to delegate, and push the team to success. Yahoo sank because of poor decisions by Marissa Mayer. Good leaders have good business development and administration skills, that?s why an MBA is becoming increasingly important in top positions in the country today. You can be a good leader without an MBA though.
    Construction: Do you know how to weld, mason, do some plumbing, electrical work, carpentry? Though these are blue-collar jobs, they are increasingly important with the growing housing market and urban population migration. Who do you think Dangote will call when he wants to build another cement plant? A medical student or someone who can mould blocks?

Comment

I think IT sector are always in demand. Marketing, web dev, programming, sales, etc. For example recently I got a new good job in Port Harcourt, I'm a Account Manager. I found this vacancy with Jobsora https://ng.jobsora.com/jobs-port-harcourt very good website for job search..

Comment

Webmasters Marketplace Copyright ©2007-2017
      Working...
      X