The Miami Dolphins were destroyed last Sunday as they visited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Miami Dolphins were destroyed last Sunday as they visited

New England Patriots Youth Ryan Tannehill Jersey , losing the game 38-7 and never looking like they belonged on the same field as their AFC East rivals. Everything that could go wrong for Miami seemed to go wrong, and no one had any answer for anything that was happening.With no answers in the game, there were plenty of questions left after the game, as our Week 5 Phinsider Mailbag clearly demonstrated. Once again, you brought some strong questions to the mailbag, and here are the answers to some of them. Many of the questions this week were similar, so I selected one that I thought would allow me to touch on most of the other questions.If you want to get your question into next week?s mailbag, watch for the request post on Wednesday. Or, you can always leave the question on Twitter using the #AskPhinsider hashtag so we can find it.Let?s get to the questions If they cut him, they are wrong for not manufacturing a trade market for a player who was underperforming and was blowing up at coaches on the sideline. Yes, the Bills claimed Jordan, and yes, the Steelers, Patriots, and Saints were all said to have put in waiver claims as well, but waiver claims cost a team nothing. Who was going to give up a draft pick for a player that, despite great flashes and potential Reshad Jones Jersey , hard twice worked his way out of a starting position and was not causing issues on the sidelines and in the team facilities?As for the role Phillips had, he was quickly playing himself out of even that. Yes, Miami is thin at defensive line positions right now thanks to injuries, but at this point, it does not seem like the coaches trusted Phillips to perform. He was a bust as a second-round pick who had first-round talent but never played consistently enough to warrant the pick. It was time for Miami to cut bait and let him go somewhere else. Maybe he clears his head - especially after celebrating that he was waived - and the change of scenery does him well. Maybe not. We will see what happens.I liked Phillips and thought he should be a starter. But, at this point, he has clearly been surpassed by Davon Godchaux and Vincent Taylor. If he is going to have issues with a role behind those players, he needs to just be gone. I know people say this is a ?statement? from Adam Gase, similar to Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, and Jay Ajayi moves in previous seasons, and maybe it is, but, as with Turner and Thomas, that statement seems to have simply been, ?You are not performing, so goodbye.?Do you think we might run some bootlegs like the first two games to help loosen up the defense for Drake/Gore? We?ve been bad with executing screen passes in recent years, but will we attempt some to get Drake the ball with more space? - pfinimagerThis kind of ties back to an earlier question about play calling, but the idea of the bootlegs and screens to Drake made me include it here. The Dolphins do need to look at moving Tannehill around more, especially as they try to piece back together the offensive line. They need to use his athleticism to their advantage. As long as he is not throwing behind receivers like he did on Sunday when he was running.Screens to Drake make sense in terms of getting him touches. They have to get him the ball anyway they can, and they need to do something creative to find him some space. Screens to the running back, as much as fans are hating screen passes right now, would make sense if they cannot get the running game started.No.Looks like Gase is scrambling for answers. On the D line, on the O line, in the running game, in the secondary and on the sideline. If you were to ask me if Gase is in trouble, I?d have to say yes. Every team has injuries and it?s always next man up. But our pool of talented backups is mighty shallow. This could bite Gase and the FO in the butt should we even be lucky enough to pull off an 8-8. - Don?tTellMEThisUserNameIsUnavailableThere were a lot of questions like this one, where it seems like fans are ready to fire Adam Gase and move on to the next head coach.Not counting Todd Bowles? three games as an interim head coach, Gase is the first coach to be over .500 since Dave Wannstedt?s 42-31 stint from 2000-2004. Nick Saban was 15-17 in two seasons, Cam Cameron was 1-15 in one campaign Authentic Ja'Wuan James Jersey , Tony Sparano was 29-32 over four seasons, and Joe Philbin was 24-28 in four seasons. Add in Dan Cambell?s 5-7 record in 12 games as the interim head coach and Jime Bates? 3-4 in seven games as interim head coach, and Miami has not had a good streak of coaches lately - but at 19-17 - including 6-10 with Jay Cutler and Matt Moore at quarterback - we are ready to declare Gase a bust of a hire? I get it, we are all frustrated, but Gase should not be considered on the hot seat unless the bottom completely falls out of this season.
Webmasters Marketplace Copyright ©2007-2017
Working...
X