PR and Top listing in Google

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR and Top listing in Google

Are they connected? I did notice a site in Google search first page which does not have a PR. How can this be possible? I always thought that PR give you the chance to get a listing in the top 3 pages in the Google Search Engine.

If it doesn't help, what good is the PR? I do know for blogging, if your blog have a PR, you will be paid more and get more opportunities if your blog has a PR. Other than that, I cannot think of anything useful for it.

Well, PR is a parameter used to gauge how websites within the same or similar niche think of your site, but PR doesn't necessarily give the true reflection of your site's traffic or even SERP. I have seen several sites with no pr ranking quite well on Google, even on first pages.A simple explanation can be that if a website is relatively new and still builds it's traffic quickly , but has come into being between two pr updates , then it may still have a good SERP for some search terms , but no PR.This is just one example and wouldn't cover all cases.

Comment

PageRank needs quality contents and quality backlinks.

Comment

By following search engine guidelines in a proper manner with unique content you can have a good PR improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by jackluter View Post
          By following search engine guidelines in a proper manner with unique content you can have a good PR improvement.
          Not every time. In my oppinion, If you don't have a backlink strategy, no matter how good your content is, you cannot rank high or hav a good PR. In the best situation, you would need to wait a year to start to rank competitively.

Comment

Webmasters Marketplace Copyright ©2007-2017
          Working...
          X